The best Rhodes sound I've ever heard, and I've been selling electronic keyboards including the Fender Rhodes since 1970 just showed up at my store last week. It is the Generalmusic Pro Mega 3 keyboard. By far and away the best I've ever heard. What Generalmusic did was to develope a new chip called "Drake" which is a new type of chip which allows all parts of the sound from polyphony, to effects, to sampling to physical modeling to be included in this one chip. More than one Drake chip can be used in a product and in this first one, there is 320 note polyphony, sampled Pianos as well as totaly physical modeled Rhodes, Wurlitzer and Clavinet voices. And by using Drakes power, even the harmonic content which changes by how hard you press the key, is being physical modeled. I sell Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Kurzweil and have sold every other keyboard over the years and in my opinion, this is the best I've ever heard in the acoustic and electronic piano class.
The look of the pro mega 3 is very much like the keyboards of the 70's due to it's large volume pots and it's wood sides. If you would like to check this keyboard out go to www.generalmusic.com and click on GEM keyboards and then check out Pro Mega 3 and information regarding Drake.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)