I have Cakewalk Home Studio 9, and know how set it up to record a MIDI track, and use my sy55 to play the soundcard synthesizer sounds. What I want to do is record the internal sounds I like better that are in my Yamaha sy55, via MIDI. (I know how to do it via audio.) If I set the sy55 to transmit on midi channel say 6, and enter midi channel 6 as my track source in the track dialogue box, no luck. I still cant get my sy55s internal sounds out to the track. The only success from many hours of work is in getting the sy55 as an assigned instrument, and the patch names are appearing in the track properties dialogue box. But playing the keys does not produce the sy55 sounds. I need help with all the variables !!
First, in the sy55, I am unsure how to set the local control (on or off), what midi device number to choose (1..16, all- i chose all) and, do I choose the voice I want in the sy55- if so do I select it by using the voice setting or the multi (a place to choose 16 different voices).
Phew, next, setting up the track, Cakewalk help says if I use MIDI omni for my source, I dont need to worry about the port, channel or other midi settings. Sounds great. When the sy55 sounds didnt play, I tried all kinds of combinations, with no luck. I have no idea what bank select method the sy55 uses, (read the sy55 manual ) so I tried them all. But, they do not play. Is should be a simple thing to play my sy55 into the track via midi! Help very appreciated, Treesha