Thanks, Bob, this is the exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

By "stripping" MP3's, I mean taking a popular song, say, for example, like an instrumental piece by Enya, and being able to isolate the vocals and add my own music and beats, like a club remix or something. People are doing this all the time with popular songs...they get recalibrated to fit a club genre and are all the rave at clubs and so forth.

Where the keyboard comes in...well...I want a vast library of voices and beats. And the software, well...I'm looking for something that can dissect a music file like an MP3 so I can isolate certain tracks and then add and create my own. From what I understand, the S90 has the largest library of voices, etc. And I also learned that I don't need an onboard sequencer if I can MIDI the keyboard to a PC with some sort of recording studio software like Cakewalk or similar.

What I'm essentially trying to do is what recording artist Moby has done. Are you familiar with his work? He takes old music and reinvents it with modern instruments and beats while preserving the original essence of the song. I am very new to this technology but I am a fast learner, and the help I've gotten from places like Sam Ash Music has been horrible. This is very much a crossover area between true musical artists and techno geeks, and they often don't speak the same language. I'm a little of both, but a master of neither.

As far as 88 keys vs 61, I can get away with 61 but I want the best sounding equipment for the money. I think the Motif is overkill with the recordable sequencer and stuff since I can probably do a much better job with a software package on my PC. But please explain if you have a differing opinion.

Some of the things you've written about baffle me because I don't understand the lingo yet...poly, engines, effects processors, insert effects, controlling....???