Bebop: I don't know why this Yamaha discussion group isn't more popular, but the arranger forum seems to be a water-cooler gathering spot for people to talk... the hot topic there right now seems to be World Cup soccer for example.

I don't know why more people don't talk about the advantages of huge polyphony, which is really necessary in an arranger keyboard and one of the main reasons I chose the 9000 Pro. The guys who love their PSR2000's won't talk about this at all. I wasn't really happy with the 9kPro until I added the Piano expansion board (which by itself has the same polyphony as the PSR2000: 64 notes). I intend to add the DX exp. board also which will add another 16 notes of polyphony, giving me a total polyphony of 208. That is not too much if you are playing the 9000Pro as it's meant, with layered sounds and accompaniment. The HD is also a necessary option and the song directory makes it easy to call up songs even while playing. Another great feature is the optional gooseneck lamps, which really help on stage (I use the 9kPro's music stand and the lamps illuminate my music also).

On the more challenging side: the 9000 Pro has a lot of voices and I have as yet to find a proper instrument definition file for it to use with Sonar. I'm also waiting on word back from Yamaha tech support to see if they can provide a 9000 Pro "model setup" for XGWorks v3. There are definitions and setups available for the PSR9000 but the 9000 Pro has different voices. I find this strange for a keyboard that has been on the market for nearly a year and a half.

Esh

http://www.mp3.com/esh