Hello Tony, Thanks for your info, I had a feeling it would be all too easy, nevermind, Another thought which was puzzling me is, I had a email from a kn3k user in the Netherlands saying his hard drive had failed but it wasn't an original, ,,quote from him,,
My old KN 3000 harddrive (which is crashed , after many years good perform ) was not an original sy-hdi but was a : IBM DSOA 21080 specs: 1024mb 16 Heads 63 sectors and 2100 cilinders. So there are stil some of the drives on the market http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/388-24183-1067/IBM-DSOA-21080-HDD-IDE-2.5-1GB-Below.html
I think the missing link is the ""HD-HSO3000" program for the SY-HD1 drive, extention file thats needed to be put into the root of the hard drive for the kn3k to see the drive and accept it, as formatting it would be easy, maybe, just a thought that the file extention could also be put into the root of the emulators as well, just a thought,,,could you scratch your head on this for a minute, thank you.
if anyone who has any Idea's and has the file HD-HSO3000" program for the SY-HD1 drive, would like to contact me about this, I would be grateful.
Ralph