Regarding the forum, “Long may it reign” indeed, Audrey. The KN7000 and I should also include other KN keyboards that preceded it have so many wonderful features that can keep one busy for a very long time. I speak on behalf of the KN7000 and fully believe that it has the capabilities of creating any type of music. At times, when I think I know so much about this keyboard, comes a reality check of the things that I still don’t know how to do or use. One of the things is the use of “Favorites.” I have never used this and Audrey, you are at the top of the list with your clever ways of using this feature. There are others that also use it to its fullest. Sometime ago, I started to read the manual about it and it sort of got bogged down. I ended up afraid to save a song or style because I didn’t know where it was going in the keyboard or if I could bring it up. Being so busy using Composer and playing styles that I create, I just didn’t follow through.

Getting back to changing the octave position, as I said in my opening post, I knew that I could go into Sound Edit, bring up Easy Edit and change the octave position there. I then would Write it as a Sound and it would come up in Sound Memory. Audrey’s way is so much simpler and much faster. I also said that I started to do this and found it to change the scale, as in key change alone. Little did I know that you could keep going up the scale and be in the octave that you wanted. Here is a case in point of the keyboard allowing you to do this in two ways.

Back to my not using Favorites - so far, it is because I have my songs or type of style on the SD card under certain file names. Example: Big Band Songs. I will list names of songs or styles to bring up. I do know this limits me because you only have twenty in a file whereas, if I am correct, you have forty in a Favorites file. At the moment, I am unsure if I know what I am talking about. (I’m starting to laugh.) Anyway, this is something that I have to master. I think it would be a good idea if someone like Audrey gives an example of how a song or style is filed in Favorites and later, brought up.

Mark