Hello KN7

I agree with most of what you say about the KN7000. I still have both mine plus the PR900 piano but, for how long - who knows?
I appreciate you and many others like to delve into the heart of the technology, but most people like myself just like to play.
I do 'tweak' the built-in styles sometimes, but I find I just do not have the time or patience to do much else.

I recently had a 'live' two hours, one-to-one demonstration on the Tyros 3 given by Richard Bower one of Yamaha's leading musicians and I have to say I was greatly impressed. He didn't waste time playing the best preset styles as so many demonstrators do, but spent a great deal of time clearly answering all of my questions (I took a list with me ha! ha!) taking me through each action step by step.

When he was going through the styles and sounds, it sounded to me like some of the Technics 'know-how' has been used on the T3
making it very 'User Friendly'. I particularly liked the Grand Piano. I liked the fact that MP3 CDs could be made direct using the 80gb Hard Drive (although I did wonder whether it would be large enough for some). I liked several other features particularly the two pads for Pitch Bend and Modulation, the super articulation (which really does do what it claims to do) and the fact that with the OTS on if you press the three lower notes in the lefthand, you can knock out the accompaniment and just have a drum/or any other instrumental solo. I wasn't too happy about not being able to 'contrast' the screen but I was assured that now TFT is being used, this wouldn't be neccesary - thinking of one of my venues which is held in a large conservatory and you're in the sun most of the time, that remains to be seen. I also said I thought the Keyboard was overpriced but no comment was made....

I am finding it increasingly more difficult to transport all my gear, and the T3 is much lighter in weight which is the main reason I am interested in it.

My overall impression is that Yamaha have caught up with the Technics KN7 if not in the technology, certainly in the 'User Friendly' approach to playing the Tyros 3.

So, please remember, there are a number of reasons why people make changes in their lives.

Happy playing....

Audrey