Hi Alan,

You are not alone.I think that "strings" whether 'Soft' 'Slow'
'symphonic' etc are probably one of the most subjective and contentious sounds on most keyboards.
People I've spoken to on this subject often say they like the Yamaha string samples but prefer Technics for most of the other sounds, but I usually end up (on my 6500 )experimenting with editing the string samples and using the Equaliser and effects, to my own liking. This probably means that I might find one (or perhaps two people!)who like my sounds but the rest have their own preferences.
Funnily enough before your post, I have jumped in at the deep end for Vol 10 of Bebops' 20 for 1 and sent in an experimental 'string orchestra' I suppose you would call it (among other things ,not repeatable on this forum !)playing 'Dancing in the dark' so I'm now wondering how many people will hold their hands over their ears because they can't stand the screeching !! I think it will depend on whether the equaliser has loaded properly.
I don't think I'll call for a vote !
Keep working on it Alan.

Derek

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alan Grant:
"the strings are awfull they do not sound pleasant to my ear, but seem to screech at you. "