I think you could have something here.

The floppy I was using at the time of the crash was a disk from a commercial company and i'm almost certain it would have been not software made for the Kn7000 there is also every possibility that it was played and saved on the kn6000.

I had my KN6000 for 18months and it was the most unreliable instrument I ever owned, at least five times whilst playing live the kn6000 locked on boot up and when i re-booted i'd lost all data and had to re-load everything, sold it in the end solely because of this problem, having said that the kn6000 never actually let me down whilst I was playing, and loading from the hard drive any data except Custom styles. (during a performance I never loaded custom styles, just composer registrations and voices etc.

The more I think about what you say the more I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Old corrupt data saved from the KN6000 is more than likely the answer.

I have also deleted the commercial disks content from my PC hard drives. Is there a way to check the details of disk data ie for which Technics keyboard the data on a floppy is designed.

I seem to remember sometime ago being told that you can open a KN file in notepad to give you this info?

All the best

Peter