I have been using PC's since the Tandy TRS-80 Model 1 hit the shops around 1979. Bought a Commodore 128, then upgraded to a 284, 486 and now have a Pentium II. Electronics was my vocation during my working years. I studied computer programming in college as a pasttime. I say all of this to illustrate that I do have some experience with computers, so you know where I am coming from. It has been my experience that staying with a proven, reliable, stable operating system is always the best policy. I waited years after Windows 95 and 98 hit the streets before installing 98. I wanted the bugs worked out of those OS's before I upgraded. It is a personal policy that has served me well. My friends who always have to have the latest and greatest were and are continually battling problems, crashes etc. Windows 98 will do just about anything any computer user requires. I will stay with 98 long after 2000, ME, and XP have been superseded by the next Microsoft whiz bang OS. I don't need any of Microsoft's new bells and whistles and I don't like the company's business principles or its intrusive practices. Windows 98 may well be my final OS. That is my opinion for what it is worth (and that is probably no more than the price of a cup of coffee).

Chuck