I like to agree with anything that does microsoft down

However, in fairness, I must say that I am v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-ly (v--e--r--y s--l--o--w--l--y) warming to XP.

For someone buying a new computer it is worthwhile, providing all your peripherals have suitable drivers - a situation which is slowly improving.

However I still hate the deliberate policy of making hardware even a year or so old obsolete by changing kernels in a totally illogical and anti-competitive manner to force people to buy new hardware that is not really needed for their ordinary needs.

If you have a stable system and never have blue screens of death there is no point, because much of the functionality of XP is available in existing programs anyway, and microsoft seem just to copy other peoples good ideas, and put them in the next windows version, only not done as good, and with bugs... I can't really think of anything I NEED XP for, that I could not already do (with stability) on the other machines.

I am waiting to upgrade to a copy of Professional Corporate because this does not have the re-activication feature. XP home and professional need re-activication, but there are plenty of workarounds to avoid having to do this.

The reactivation feature was obviously intended as a spyware to log all the applications on your pc, until the publicity and courts made them water it down. I suppose with the current situation microsoft will get away with it for a few more years, a depressing though considering all the monopoly power they hold.

The only advantage of windows is standardisation... but the operating system company should be split from the software application company, otherwise they can stifle competition and just steal ideas by running smaller companies out of business... not good for the economy or the consumer.

You can assign pan to the sound controller ball, and swish your voices from left to right and back again as you play... never call me off topic on a keyboard forum... !!!