Well Bebop,
Once again you have shown that with age comes wisdom. And yes, if I would have chilled out first I would have posted it differently. But people will get frustrated and make mistakes. But is other people jumping on thier backs for it the right thing to do? I see you did not post anything about Douglas's quote though. maybe I have done a good job of that myself and you don't need to! haha It was obvious that I wasn't going to just sit back and stand for it. As it is not in my nature. As far as laying down a guitar track I have one problem with that. I would like the tune which would end up having 8 or so panel memories/versions in the end to be really good. And the 1st thing to be done would be some cool drum tracks. Which is my problem. The drum tracks are still tough for me to do. If we could start out with drum track including fill in rolls of course then I could lay down my own tracks. Actually then everyone could lay down their own tracks with the drums then being the same for all of us. I guess the bass line would have to be the same also so that everyones own parts would not clash too much. Maybe another way too is to start with drums and bass, and then have one person finish it and send it to people who want to participate. And then each person could delete parts and redo them differently and then save to a new song number. Everyone having their own song number to save to. And then with 10 or so versions saved and emailed out to all, each person could then paste parts of all of them they prefer and make one blues tune of style. Actually many different styles, not just one. Also with some memories save with some tracks turned off or lower in volume the varioations would be many. And everyone would have a lot of blues variations to keep on file and use parts later. The great thing about blues is one can later change the base line and rhythm to get a whole new song or style, while keeping all the other tracks of riffs, and licks in there still. So much can be done. But will enough peoplein here, share thier favorite blues licks? What a joy it would be to have such a disk on file! We would all then have so much more to play with for blues. We would all have other members talents at our desposal for our blues jamming. Even just to play along with sometimes.
Maybe too one would like to save different versions and variations "1-4" on a different panel memory. The result would be one heck of a style because one could change from one variation to any of so many. And not be stuck with only 4 variations which have thier own licks in them. The result would be a virtually limitless array of changes and variations. Being that I can dream up better ideas than I can record and play, is there something I missed here? Is there a problem that would stop that from all being posible?
Tony

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11-09-2002).]