Hi Arthur,
I agree that negotiating will probably bring the price down, and that the dealer's wholesale cost for a KN keyboard is probably no higher than the competitors arranger KBs. In fact, the dealer cost for most all current top end arrangers today is around $2,000 US dollars. The problem I see is that Technics does NOT publish any kind of official 'list price' for their KN KBs as the other brands do. As a result, I've seen Technics dealers put price tags on their KN6500 KBs with prices as astronomical as $6,500 US dollars, and then tell you what a great deal they will offer you ($4,000), but only if you buy 'today'. I think Technics USA needs to take the lead to stop this type of pracitice. They should start by providing an official list price for their keyboards as Yamaha, Roland, and Korg do. Of course the list price is typically higher than anyway would pay, but at least it gives the dealers a fair standardized price to negotitate from, and prevent dealers from posting 'pie in the sky' price tags which prey on innocent people who may not be as buyer savy as we are. I guess I may be purchasing my KN7000 from Michigan.

Arthur, btw: MANY thanks for sending me the pics of your keyboard setup. Looks great.

- Scott