I just sold my long beloved Technics KN5000 keyboard and shipped it off to its new owner today. As some of you may know, I purchased a Yamaha PSR2000 about 4 months ago, initially as just a backup board to the 5000, but then (surprisingly) started using the 2000 as my principal performing board. The PSR2000 has proven to deliver quality sound and performance at a price less than 1/3 the cost of a new KN6500.

As a long time Technics fan, I certainly have not abandoned Technics (yet). If the new KN7000 lives up to the excitement surrounding its release, and is competitively priced with other brand top arrangers with similar features & sound quality, I'll be the FIRST in line to get one. Unfortunately, here in the USA, Technics arranger keyboards are quite a bit more expensive than in Europe, primarily because of US sales restsrictions (can ONLY be sold in traditional acoustic piano & organ stores, but not at major chain music stores such as Guitar Center or Sam Ash.

Traditional piano stores in the US have the distinct reputation of jacking up Technics KN keyboard prices up from 150 -400 % above their wholesale cost. Maybe they feel they need to do this because they only sell a few pianos a year. This policy may work for them, but certainly not for us, the consumer. I only hope that Technics/Panasonic USA will open up marketing of Technics KN keyboards to include mainstream music stores (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc) too. That would definitely drop the prices to be more competitively inline with the competition, as well as EXPAND exposure to the Technics line to many MORE musicians out there. Surprisingly, most professional keyboard players I run into never heard of Technics arrangers before seeing me perform on one.

In the meantime, I'm anxiously excited waiting to hear reports and see pics of the 'new' KN7000 from forum members who are attending the Frankfurt Music Fair (Music Messe) this week.

Scott
California, USA
http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 03-13-2002).]