"you could use the monitor setting in Sound Menu to switch off the speakers/headphones. Now you can feed the backing audio from Cakewalk into the aux input and listen via the 7k speakers/headphones, and record your vocals through the 7k mic input and the usb connection"

"save just the vocal track to SD and accompany it with the sequencer or by playing live as many have seen in Technics roadshows"

Hi Alec,

My name is Mike and like Rikki, I'm new to the audio game...If i can ask for some clarification from the two points above:

1.) Do I need to run something else from my PC to the AUX inputs of the KN7000 after I switch off the speakers?

2.)this is execatly what I want to do..I would like my vocals seperate on another audio track and I would like it to play with the kn7000 sequence file (non audio)in sync. The only reason I converted my technics sequence to General Midi (temporarily) was for use in cakewalk so that I can keep my vocal parts seperate, use the sequence as timing device so the audio vocals matched the sequence, take the vocal track(s) only from cakewalk, transfer to the SD card, and play the original kn7000 sequence file,along with the audio parts in sync, while playing live with everything. I problably am doing to many steps but my biggest stumbling block has been trying to avoid recording my backing sequence as an audio file while making my vocal track(s). Thanks and Happy Holidays