I am a Yamaha PSR2000 owner as well as a former Technics KN owner. Here's my opinion.

If composing (sequencing/editing) directly in the arranger keyboard itself is important, the KN6500 wins HANDS down. The PSR2000's onboard sequencer editing ability is more limited. The KN6500's sounds (including the piano) is far superior to the PSR2000. The KN6500's jazz & swing & orchestral styles far surpass the 2000, but the 2000's pop styles have the edge. On the other hand, the PSR2000 includes a very good sounding built in vocal harmonizer while the KN6500's vocalizer is very limited in both sound quality and features.

The Yamaha PSR2000 is an excellent 'bang for the buck' kb as we say in America, but 1500 euros sounds like a much higher price that what I see it for in the US. Here it goes for (streetprice) under $1,100 US dollars (1,122 euros). It really isn't fair to compare the Technics KN6500 to the PSR2000 because the 6500 is a TOP of the line model whereas the PSR2000 is Yamaha's mid priced budget arranger.

My feeling is that if you can afford 1700 euros, that the KN6500 will offer you (overall) a LOT more in both features and sound quality. I have converted Technics styles to my Yamaha keyboard as well as Yamaha styles to my Kn5000 KB and they both sound pretty good, but remember that all converted styles NEVER sound as good as played on the original source keyboard.

Bluebird, perhaps if you provide us more detail on exactly how you intend to use your keyboard (live performance, vocals, studio work, recording, music genre preference, etc), it might help in deciding which arranger to go with.

- Scott