Thanks for all of the replies to this thread thus far. See, I've always been against sampling, in respect to sampling other people's work (for myself anyway). It's just not my thing. The way a lot of samplists would take hits (meaning bass drum, snare drum, etc) from different records and construct a drum kit would fascinate me, but I have no interest in doing that.

I'm all for using kits in Sample Libraries, ROM Synths, etc. Interesting as the tangent on copyrighting was, it's somewhat irrelavant to me becuase I'm not really interested in sampling off already-made music.

I take all of us back to original questions. What module, synth, or sample library have you encountered some of the best drum sounds. I'm not talking about V-Drum type (read: expensive) modules, but the usual synth or Alesis DM5, Roland R8 type of ROMs.

The best I've enountered again was the Roland SRX-01 Dynamic Drums board. I really wish that a library with kits like these were available. These are the best sounding, most useful drum sounds I have ever come across. It's just too bad that my Roland XP60 can't except those newer SRX cards.

The Infamous Epu.