Hi Larry,
I don't know whether you probably should use it at all if your recordings are mainly done in Easy Record.

I imagine quantize would mainly be used if you decided to record a song in a multitrack format ie you record all the tracks in realtime drums , bass , piano , strings etc ( in short , you're not using the inbuilt styles, but creating your song from scratch)
You'd possibly then need to quantize those tracks, so that the timing is right and they all blend in together.

You could possibly use quantize on your melody tracks ( when using easy record) but it may make your melody sound mechanical, because the timing would be too perfect and you may take away that human feel.

If you do want to quantize, make sure that you ick the correct value ie if the shortest note in your track is a 16th note, make sure you use the 16th note value because if you set it to a 1/4 note, all the notes in your track would move to the closest 1/4 note , so you'd end up with a bunched up set of notes which would totally ruin your track.

The strength if you set it to 100% means that it moves to the exact beat. Wheras if you set it to 50%, it moves it only halfway between your original version and the quantized version. ( I'm probably not making much sense, just find it a bit hard to explain.

As for the Window % setting, haven't got a clue, but if you're still interested in quantizing, I'll try using the window %setting and then run it through one of my pc sequencers which has a list editor. It will show me exactly what the setting does.

First measure is the measure you want to start quantizing from last measure where you want the quantizing to end. ie your song is 20 measures and you want to quantize the whole 20 measures of a track . Start measure 1 End Measure 20. If just say you only messed up measures 5 & 6 and they need quantizing then start measure 5 end meaure 6.

Please anyone if I've got something wrong, please free to correct me, as it's only my own interpretation on quantizing.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022