Hi Scott,

Alec is right about the transfer program. I had already transferred almost all of my files to the SD card when the program became available and I have since finished that process. The program was just too late for me. That doesn't mean that it doesn't work. It just wasn't right for me. I am sure that I would have tried it if it were available when I needed it. I would want to ask questions about the ability to be selective about what I moved from the hard drive to be sure that I wasn’t trying to move more than the SD card could hold, and that sort of thing.

As for the sales hype, I am still angry at myself for believing some of the stuff I heard. A few choice terms strategically used like "drag and drop", "long file names" "SD cards" and USB lead a person to believe that you could handle KN7000 files like you can other files with the Windows Explorer. You cannot. I made a lot of blunders and wasted a lot of time in the first few days of owning the KN7000 because of these things. I thought my old mind was getting to old to cope with new stuff until the emails started coming in from people wanting help on a keyboard that I had just begun to use. They were also confused. I felt compelled to let others know of the limitations that I had found. This does not mean to imply that the KN7000 is not a great keyboard. It is. It is the right keyboard for me. It may or may not be the right keyboard for you. You will miss the ability to edit your files at your computer keyboard. There are no file load scripts to set up your gigs. You can set up “favorite songs”. You can’t move files at your computer like you could with your Tech Manager program. You can’t print a cross reference of the numeric file names and song setup string names like you could with the Tech Manager so that you could see where song setups were located. All of these things are certainly possible, but they are not available now.