Being mostly a two-finger player, Easy Record is the way for me to go using progressions with the variations and panel memory settings. I seldom use on-board styles, but prefer to search for something that strikes my fancy and build from there. It is an easy task to splice in a few measures from another style, or even a whole variation to add something that would take hours to program in, such as the fireworks I used on "Anchors Aweigh" on the Patriotic Songs. All of my stuff is quite simple and some nights I can record two songs and still find time to practice the song twenty or thirty times before recording. Extra tracks are fine for those who want more depth in their music, so I imagine it's more of a personal thing. Sometimes a few notes to fill in a dead spot is all that's necessary to produce a really good sounding song, and a few of the fellows that share their songs on this forum are becoming masters at doing just that. Others were already masters, and it's fun to pick their music apart just to see how it was formulated. Another learning process! Once anyone puts their music on the forum for others, it sort of pushes them to excel at their skills and we all benefit. Too bad that some of the great players don't have the time to put more of their music out here for us. But still, there is plenty of room for newcomers to shine!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 04-10-2003).]