Larry, the practical step by step exercises in the 6/65k book did indeed use all of these functions to make e.g. vocal patterns in sound edit, vocal patterns in pads, 4 measure styles into brand new 8 measure styles including using the single accompaniment track copy that Rikki mentions, editing composers in the sequencer, making pads from easy composer, making chord progression pads from the sequencer etc etc. to give some examples.

All the principles are indeed valid for the 7k, the problem is that professional sounding styles and pads were designed to be able to be created by readers themselves from bits of the 6/65k presets, with no real playing ability needed. The 7k presets have changed, so the results will be variable and random and may be quite strange because the book was written long before the 7k arrived. So the editing principles are all quite true with the 7k, you just can't be guaranteed to get a style, pad etc that sounds great and can be used, which obviously will take the shine off the achievement

Rikki, yes Cm or E's to Eb's will solve the minor intros and endings. There are updates to Styleworks coming along all the time. You can still convert a style to a cubase arrangement as well as technics etc, and I used to keep a version of cubase just for the purpose of playing around with these on the laptop before converting to technics. To tell the truth nowadays I tend to do all the final tweaking on the 7k since it is just as quick most of the time. 9000pro and tyros drums do require a re-map depending on the styles, and here I just make a technics user drum map to suit like the original 6k Lord of the Dance demo used. The advantage is you can put fully sound-edited drums in there.