Hi all,
I am contemplating the idea of purchasing a KN6000 or KN6500 (when it is released in 4/2001?). I currently own the KN5000 w/ optional hard drive. I have hundreds of custom made song styles saved on my keyboard's hard drive and want to be able to import them into whatever keyboard I eventually upgrade(?) to. The KN6000 or KN6500 seems like the natural choice, especially with the new added EW01 expansion board option. I heard (rumor?)that the KN6500 will include the new expansion board and a hard drive. I heard that the included KN6500 hard drive (1 GB?) will be smaller than the hard drive currently only available as an option on the KN6000. BTW, can someone here tell me what the actual size (in gigabytes) the current KN6000 model HD-SX6 hard drive is? Also, I heard (rumor?) that the KN6500's hard drive will not include the full capabilities (cannot be accessed from a desktop PC?) of the KN6000 hard drive. Can anyone confirm this?

Lowtec,
I've been contemplating the possibility of purchasing the KN6000/KN6500 from your recommended source, Whitley Bay Organ in the UK, as the prices are substantially less than the prices here in the US (even with shipping/customs calculated in). My primary concern is warranty coverage and potential voltage conversion problems. Lowtec, did you purchase your KN6000 from Whitley Bay Organ? Would you recommend me purchasing overseas from them? Do you find them an honest and reliable company who will stand behind their product even if purchased from overseas? I hope you might email me directly with any additional information/advice.

Thanks,

Scott
California (SF Bay Area), USA

scottyee@aol.com