Hi,
at the moment I have a kn7 not the kn26 so there may actually be a simpler process for the kn26 than what I did for my KN7.

What I was trying to explain ( obviously not too well (haahaa)was how to copy a heap of technic files from computer onto a BLANK sd card so that they will be recognized by the kn.
You DON'T do this to a card that you already saved styles or sequences to via your kn.

I had dozens of kn2,3,5 disks that I wanted to bulk copy across.

If I just directly copied a style disk from computer to sd card, the kn would not have recognized them.

If you format the card and do a "SAVE" of any kind via your kn and you have a card reader, you can see the contents of your sd card via your computer )ie the first folder you'd see is "Private" within that folder, you'll see "Technics" within that folder you'll see ( in my case ) "KN7000" within that folder "Tfld001 " Within that folder will be the files I just saved via the kn.
I don't really want that lot of files , so I delete them. The only reason for doing the "SAVE" in the KN, was to give me the correct "FOLDER" structure for the sd card. I delete the files within the "Tfld001 " folder and replace them with the files from one of my kn disks. You'll also notice a couple of other files called kn??mn and
kn??mn.bak ( I'll get back to these in a second). If you now take your sd card and put it in your kn , it will probably look like your card is empty. If you now go back and delete " kn??mn and kn??mn.bak" files then try your sd card again, your styles should now be showing up in your keyboard. Okay, so I've actually got 10 disks , so I really need 10 folders ( 1 for each disk).
What I could do is create another 9 folders
I have folder "Tfld001 "
so I just create another 9 of them and name them
"Tfld002 "
"Tfld003 " up to "Tfld010 "
Then I just copy the contents of each of my disks into each of the folders.
I can actually have up to 99 folders in total.

Once I have copied all my disks across, then I can start to use the card in a normal manner ie save new styles/ sequences etc.

NEVER EVER REMOVE " kn??mn and kn??mn.bak " files from the sd card once it's been used in your kn ie you've saved styles or sequences via your keyboard, etc
The above only works with blank cards and bulk copying.

Probably clear as mud. ( haahaa)
best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
RIKKI.....Wow....I sure wish I understood what you are talking about! Are there other ways of saying the same thing that might be simpler???

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022