Originally Posted By SemiLiveMusic
FWIW, guys, I need a new vehicle. CD players aren’t even in them anymore. Special order in some I am told. I own over 1000 cds, gotta have a player!

Rip them to flac or mp3 files (flac gives you identical sound to the disc) and stick them on a USB stick, then you can plug it into modern cars, and use the cars inbuilt media system to play them. (It also means the discs don't get damaged if you leave them in the car)

If you have a smart phone and your new car has Apple car play or Android auto (Most do these days), just store the files on your phone and control the phone from the media system in the car. (It also means you can legally (At least in the UK) use your phone hands free by usually just touching the button on the steering wheel (Or yoke if get a Tesla Model S Plaid to leave every ICE car in the dust at traffic lights) ) or most likely voice control.

Bill