Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi, tend to think no amount of bad publicity is going to stop someone buying the keyboard if they really want it.
By the time I bought my PA5X, there were so many bad reviews and complaints around.
I worked it out for myself.
Did it have the functions I needed in it’s current state?
For me it was a case of I could make do , even if they didn’t add some of the functions from the prior models back in, yes I could.
(As it is , they are going too, do that is a bonus)
The odd bug it currently still has, I’ve worked around. Bugs they usually end up fixing , so that wasn’t really my main concern.

So well said, Rikki. Regarding low forum participation, maybe people are just tired of hearing constant criticism about any and every thing that doesn't fit their view of how the (arranger) world SHOULD be. Or maybe just tired of being bombarded with solutions looking for a problem. I think REAL solutions to REAL problems are usually handled when ENCOUNTERED and POINTED OUT by actual owner/users of the instrument. I think, as Rikki pointed out, that speculative criticism by non-owners who have never even SEEN the instrument, much less having any hands-on experience, could very well discourage would-be purchasers from buying an instrument that they may very well have been totally satisfied with.

So, I say, let's assume that the prospective purchaser has enough brains and common sense to research the product based on input from current owners and determine if any uncovered (or perceived) deficiencies will affect his/her intended use of the instrument. Also, just because a feature is not implemented the way YOU would have implemented it (different people use different features in different ways - or sometimes not at all) doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad feature; it may work perfectly for someone else. In any case, in the words of the great Muhammad Ali, "different strokes for different folks".

chas

PS: I'm not sure Muhammad Ali came up with that smile smile .