I hope Korg survive this blunder with the hasty rollout of the PA5X. There’s a ton of stuff that’s definitely next generation and forward looking. But first and foremost for pros is backwards compatibility, particularly with respect to sample sets (widely used my non-western musicians) and songbook compatibility. Pro’s can’t afford weeks and weeks of editing and working round bugs and missing features before they can confidently take a new arranger to the gig.

Many can only afford the new keyboard if they trade in their old one!

I know Covid threw a spanner in the works, but it is hard to accept that Korg felt that they might go under if they didn’t release the PA5X half finished and buggy as hell. I can’t honestly think of another reason to justify alienating almost their entire core pro support…

But if you’re not sure how you’d beat the PA4X, here’s my main points that I think might make up your mind…

1) vastly improved effects “ Keyboard Tracks: 3 Insert Effect; 3 Master Effects
Style/Song: 10 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects” 10 insert effects! 🤯

2) All reports indicate a huge improvement in the D/A converters, a much more clean, open and punchy sound (relevant to all sounds and styles including legacy ones)

3) The dual style player (once they sort the issues) is a complete game changer, allowing easy mix and match of different (or similar) styles without a ton of editing. The end of style fatigue!