Originally Posted By DanO63
Hello arranger friend.

I have the PA4Xpro and love the over all production and recording.Your video and song are wonderful. Well done.

I'd like to ask , what is your recording process when using the pa4x ?

Which type of microphone did you use ?

Once I have an Arrangement in my head, I play & record the song all the way through on the fly...Need a good rhythm section. I try to hit the respective fills on first pass as I can always edit the details later...Personally, I rarely use anything from the Arranger initial recording except bass & drums. There are exceptions, but rare...That way my recording will never sound like an Arranger was used...I will record the lead instrument with the rhythm track: Piano or Acoustic Guitar & guide VOX will be cut next on my TASCAM DP24 which is synced to MIDI to my PA 4X...I'll also add in pads, or strings played live if needed. I ususally get inspired to edit the drums and bass to take the arrangement to a different level...Trial & error.

I record with an Audio Technica AT 4040 & a Neumann TLM 49 with a Solo 600 Preamp...That 4040 is $2200 less, but is a great budget mic and I've cut manay lead VOX on it...I use both mics on my acoustic guitar...AT 4040 at the 12th fret and the Neumann at the soundhole 8-12 inches away

Then I overdub on the TASCAM, dump it all to my comuter & mix on STUDIO ONE 6....I have a 16 channel Faderport so I got knobs & can use a mouse instead of clicking only on a mouse to mix..

From there I Master, do a video. & upload to YOUTUBE...

Then I wonder what do I do next ???