Chas, I agree your assessment, 100%! My parents loved the music I performed and enjoyed listening to on the radio (No TV in Baltimore back till about 1946.) A while back, you talked about learning songs that were not 50 years old. In some instances, for many of us, a 50-year-old just might be something new to learn. Keep in mind that Margarettaville is just 5 years shy of being 50 years old.

I still enjoy listening to many of the somewhat newer songs, such as those on AGT and BGT, and just how well those performers perform them to a huge audience. Those kids can really sing and perform well, and ironically, more often than not, they utilize the same genres that we grew up listening to when we were teenagers.

I also enjoy listening to many of the very talented keyboard players on https://www.keyboardplayers.club/ who produce some of the most incredible music anyone could ever imaging using low end to moderately priced arranger keyboards. I rarely participate in the challenges these days, mainly due to health reasons.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)