Bruno, indeed, often it's our thoughts and feelings make us to see something as attractive or not; SX900 is surely a good company to have at home.

Gary, interesting remarks; I never played anything outside yet, but I often think about it; it's true that outside is in fact a more aggressive environment than it is on a picture; even food tastes different in those conditions :-)

Speaking about outdoors and design, I also want to point out that keyboards tend to be very "indoor" things; I wonder if we would ever see a waterproof model.

Something like today's portable speakers, which young people (and older ones) carry along; but basically it is up to these young people, if playing keyboards was "a cool thing to do", certainly the manufacturers would response.

But it's easier just to hit "play" on a smartphone and just to listen it as a background music...

Nevertheless, I think Korg X50 was rather close to be "a street keyboard". But instead of seeing an improved version of a successful keyboard, we see "Korg Kross", which may be good as well, but it looks quite different.

It is hard indeed to keep the balance between making it "cool" and making it "a toy"...

There's a popular TV series today called "Stranger Things"; it's popular today, but it shows 1980's America... (including the cold war with Russians...)
~
Well; there are good things today, there were good things in the past, perhaps sometimes we can go back and take there something valuable and use it with today's resources. It may seem "retro", but "retro" can be the good thing.