His demo of it was a bit underwhelming. Hard to understand why anyone wants to play with backing if they play so loud on top of it that you can barely hear the backing!

But I get what’s going on…. Velocity gradually pushes the style to more intensity (higher variations) but it doesn’t happen suddenly. Not bad, although some kind of ‘window’ parameter to allow you to adjust how quickly it changes would be nice. I guess it’s taking an average over a time period.

I didn’t hear any fills as this all happened, are those still triggerable with the fill buttons? It might help to smooth out some of the weird junctions between no snare, side stick and snare that the Imagine style used. I guess, as the velocity detection is already deciding which variation to jump to, you only need one fill button or a footswitch and the appropriate fill could be triggered.

All in all, a good start to a good idea, but I think there’s room for it to improve, and certainly room for far more of these type styles to be created. They currently are only 10% of the style selection, if the system is any good, you’d think pianists would want more!