90% of what you need is taken care of by the mixer global send effects. Reverb especially, you need a dab of that on just about everything except the bass part if you are playing LH bass. It ‘beds’ it all together, makes the parts all connect, and sound like they are playing together in one space. You know, like a band!

The MFX are more like special effects or guitar pedals… just used on the one sound to make it stand out. A phaser on this, a flanger on that, a guitar amp on something else.

And yes, the A, B & C MFX are the Style/SMF insert effects (and the Style/SMF section has its own separate global send reverb and chorus section). You assign whatever Part you want to them in the Makeup Tools.

It honestly sounds like you are trying to run before you walk. Before you overwhelm yourself with MFX intricacies, concentrate on just getting the Mixer sends properly understood. Here’s a little tip. To be honest, I don’t think many sounds need chorus. Either there’s an already chorused sound in the Tones (possibly courtesy of an MFX preset) or you can assign an MFX to the sound that needs it. But ECHO is something put on most lead sounds to one degree or another.

So I tend to switch the mixer send chorus to delay rather than chorus. Then go to the chorus edit page and set the sync to ‘Note’ for each delay. Now, no matter what the tempo, the delay syncs to the beat, which is very common in pop music. Play around with the note values (1/4 note, 1/8th note, 1/4 note triplet etc.) and find a value that works for the music, then try sending a solo sound via the mixer into it. Cool, eh?

Don’t forget, there’s a chorus send parameter on every MFX too, so you can put delay on sounds AFTER they have gone through the MFX. This is how you can use the guitar Amp Sim to get a screaming guitar lead and then put it through some delay for that classic solo guitar sound!

Main thing is, baby steps… don’t overwhelm yourself. For now, until you have a burning desire to dig deep into the editing, just let the UPR1&2 MFX LINK take care of pulling up an appropriate effect on your lead sounds and just play around with the MFX sliders…

On a final note, I edited your last post and removed the divider underscores as it stretched the page width too wide and made the threads hard to read. I hope you don’t mind…