I want the functionality that the FP-50 and FP-80 have. Where the Bass Inv is MOMENTARY- i.e., KB recognizes inversions when the pedal is down, and allows any inversion when the pedal is up. I don't want to press once to set and again to release, that's too slow for real time. Roland got it right on the FP-series.

I've fooled around with a MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller driving the MIDI solutions relay. This combo works OK on the BK's, but I guess the E-50 is too slow-witted because no matter how I adjust the "debounce time" eventually the E-50 gets out of sync and fails to recognize the pedal press.

I also want to use the same functionality with a different footswitch to permit "momentary" shifts from Intelligent to Standard chord recognition. This will allow me to play those odd [1+5]s and intelligent chords for the rest of the score. Casio gets this right, but when you play [1+5] Roland just gives you a major chord. This is a shame because you can already get majors by playing a single note, or a major third (which is also a wasted opportunity.) In various boards Roland incorporated a footswitch function for switching between intelligent and Piano style chord recognition. But no facility for a quick switch from Intelligent to Standard, and vice-versa.

My last option is to learn how to program an Arduino. Then I could build a general-purpose logic circuit with user-customizable delay timers that generates a momentary "pulse" each time you press OR release the footswitch. I'm certain that it can be done but it requires logic to monitor the "state" of the pedal and generate the pulse each time it changes. To be useful, the sampling period, pulse duration, the and the minimum elapsed time between pulses have to be customizable by the user because the INTERNAL sampling period in the keyboard varies from model to model. Honestly, someone with more electronics or software experience should have done a kickstarter project like this years ago. There are lots of circuits that turn a momentary switch into latch, but not vice-versa. Google search suggests that I'm not the only one in the music community who is asking for such a device!

Edited by TedS (07/21/21 10:35 PM)