Originally Posted By Crossover
Rationally, I think if you don't really need battery-powered PA (and I can barely remember a situation in which electricity wasn't available), both Bose S1 and JBL Eon One Compact are bad choices regarding value for money. Compared with a pair of Yamaha DBR 10 or the new JBL IRX 108 BT (only 7.9 kg a piece), they lack output and don't produce deeper bass either. Also the horizontal coverage of the sound is just a little better with the Bose S1, not much.

Your so right. I have a JBL 610 I haven't used in awhile so I pulled it out today to see if it could be a good stand alone for smaller venues and rehersals. Wow, it blew me away, especiall the bass. I've only used it as a monitor with my pair of the Eon One vertical models for duo jobs with my sax player. I too have never a the need for battery power and I think you pay a lot for that feature. These JBLs are the best speakers I've ever owned.