Originally Posted By ekurburski
One major unanswered point never brought up in these discussions. What about the rights of those of us who don't really care about the society but about only our own situations.

That is usually why society don't worry about those who couldn't give a flip about society's situations, since they are too navel gazing to look at the big picture.

Society , really is a big bunch of navel gazes ( people pushing their own agendas) finding a like minded people with "similar" wants/ needs /desires and then call themselves the majority. Society = the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

If you don't like society, then go live in the forest or out at sea or on an island. It is all possible but extremely hard to do, and you loose all the society's comforts and benifits that you have. Buy a extra large block of land - like 500 acres and build a house in the middle of it and go off grid maybe ( I for one would love too). Ok, I am becoming a grumpy old man or is that grumpier old man; I am relising that when I get the look from my wife, which I am getting more and more.

There was a Peanuts sketch once, that went :- "I love humanity, it's the people I can't stand!

And that, to be honest, is the problem with Politics - the people stuff it up real bad. Take out the people and the politics would work every time lol.

The good thing that still remains is that you can have an opinion and it does not agree with others ( even half the country) but we are all intelligent people , to a point. We have weighed the facts and in our experiences have come to a place thatwe feel that this would work best for the country. It may not be correct but it is what we feel would do the job. Sometimes, you don't get the best choice to decide with. Like two old men, one 74 and the other 77 representing their Paries but doing their own thing in a sense is hard to vote for.

As Crossroads mentioned about black or white, the parties are varied in their outlook, as some are left or left of right or right etc. But the leaders ( who you vote for in the US) may be leaning far left or far right, or elsewhere . You need to know who is who and where they are leading the country. But you have the right to your own opinion and to say, this is whatI believe, as no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

Of course, it is how you tell poeple or how you stand up for your beliefs and not destroy homes and shops or hurt others, physically or verbally; but also listen to others opinions too.

Now I am rambling on again, sorry..........

Allan