Obviously, something wrong is happening in the renaming process with windows. All I do is change 01 to 08 (example)and the keyboard may not read 08.

It does seem to me that Sparky's alphabet therory is correct because all the original files are in alphabetical order, and as original stated, when the DEL button is clicked in Disk Tools, the file is possibly corrected alphabtically, and thus fixed

Bill, yes it's true, that there are many combinations that could be present on a disk, but I believe regardless of the combination, they still have to be listed alphabetically.

Try this experiment: Unzip a group of songs to a disk as sent by Bill. Go to another group of songs with the same numberical name, unzip, but rename the songs so that the number dosen't conflict with the songs already on a disk. When I do this, the file order is different after renaming. I can load the renamed songs on the disk,and they all show up numerically, but the 7000 will not read it because in my opinion, windows changed the correct order that the files should be in during the renaming process.

Thanks
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900