Further to my last posting, I have carried out some further investigations. I copied a set of files for KN7000 from my PC to a blank floppy disc as a normal group. When viewing the files on the floppy disc, using Windows Explorer, they were listed with the extensions in Alphabetical order, as expected. I then copied the same files, one at a time, in random order, to another blank floppy disc. When viewed on PC, they were again in alphabetical order of extension, as expected. The sort order is a function of Windows operating system, depending on how the user decides to display the data - by filename, file size, date etc. so the actual order in which the files are stored on disc, is not shown in Windows Explorer.
I then used a Disc Hex Editor to look at the files on the two discs and compared their relative positions. The individual parts of the group of files on the discs were seen to be in different positions on the two floppies. I then loaded each disc into the KN7000 checked the playback of the songs and there was no problem.
Therefore, I can only assume that the actual position or order of the files on a disc is irrelevant.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)