The original Artist took a chance with the soft beginning. Personally, I thought he waited too long to get the tune going. Interesting because I am working on a tune with a soft beginning...

This song may have been HUGE in HOLLAND....But I almost shut it off because it took TOO LONG to get going...I personally was not going to wait for the song to grab me...It didn't. If this was on my YOUTUBE I would have shut it off in about 30 seconds because it was all the same. Also, one observation, he is a good guitar player, not great. Based ONLY on what I saw & heard on this song, he is above me as a guitar player slightly, & on this tune IN A STUDIO SETTING, I personally would have fired myself on acoustic guitar and brought in a better guitar player. I get why he put himself on the guitar, but a stud session acoustic player would have served better here...As JOHN SMILES would say, "Me thinks"...

If John didn't say listen to it, I would never have stuck with the mans tune...

Now he gets it going & I like it, but for me personally the original version took too long to build.

But, what do I know? He has a HIT....And Uhmmmmmmmmm....I don't