Well, I didn't end up buying either. I went to Guitar Center to play around with a few boards and I have to say, IMHO, that I was SEVERELY disappointed with the Fantom X6. The sounds seemed no better than my Triton LE and the board itself just seemed kinda cheap. But hey, what do I know.
They didn't have a ES, but they did have a Notif XS6. After about ten minutes or so of playing with it, I was completely blown away.
That is one of the most impressive boards I have ever used!
Apparently one of the weaknesses of the ES was the small, monochrome screen (as opposed to the Fantom's LCD color).
The screen on the XS, in my opinion, rivals the Fantom. Full size, LCD and color!
The sounds were VERY impressive, and the performances were UNREAL.
I ended up getting one on eBay for $1700 shipped. Not sure if that's a good deal or not, but they wanted $2200 at GC.

Anyhew, thanks again for all the advice. I went into this thing really wanting to go with the Fantom. I've never owned a Yamaha before, but I was so impressed with the XS that I decided that it was definitely the hands-down winner.

Now, I just have to wait for it to be shipped