Originally Posted By Mark79100
I don't understand this. When Donny posts about keyboards he gets a flood of replies. This time he posted a fine tutorial on how to improve your playing skills (arpeggios), and.....it gets ignored....it flops.

Are my to believe that no matter WHO posts a "tutorial," ...nobody is interested in getting better? Not better keyboards. Better playing.

Here's why, Mark. Most of the active members here are 65+ years old. They are NOT interested in 'learning to play better', they are more interested in SOUNDING BETTER with the playing level they're currently in. That's why many (but not all) are playing arranger keyboards in the first place. In other words, let the improvements come from the keyboard, not their improved playing technique. John C. said it correctly, "Mark, most people are not where you are, John C.". Not to tick you off Mark, but we can't expect everyone to share our musical goals and aspirations. Although I think it's admirable to try to improve oneself, musically and every other way, 'til the day we die, some of us, at a certain age, are satisfied with the level we've reached in certain specialized areas (like playing keyboards) and would rather devote that time to other priorities (like fishing, golf, and watching football smile ). And that's okay, too.

As far as arpeggio's go, I've never had a problem going up, it's going down that is hard for me (this could be a problem when my time comes smile smile ). I agree with you that it would be nice if the forum had more discussions about music itself but on this forum, to paraphrase a popular song, 'it's all about the gear'. Also, ol' farts like to talk about their health problems and reminisce about days gone by. Welcome to the 'golden years'.

chas