Paul Bill others ....
IMO there is just too much going on musically on the music scene and technology on how to create and perform music playing out is super difficult in today's world....everyone likes to listen or dance to something else. to generalize audiences like we did years ago as pretty much the world listened to the same kind of music....
but now it is absolute chaos out there confused2
And it is getting worse if you don't embrace change and be able to find your niche` somehow. In just a few more years when all the WWII generation and Baby boomers are gone it will be even harder.
Nursing homes will be full of hip hop generation people lol....
Computer driven music will be the dominate force and expected.
Weddings, and most private functions are beyond expensive and you are controlled by clients, wedding planners, and every other Hoo Haaa who thinks they know in advance what is going to happen at the affair and wants YOU to play certain music at certain times ignoring you reading the audiences, crazy requests for who know what kind of music they sing in their car, line dances of ever caliber, Grrrrrrr surprised !! In a way I am glad I had my time out there and started young and now at only 67 can sit back and watch the craziness as an audience member not having to go through the trenches in today's gigging environment. Enough venting let's hear more about your thoughts..

Edited by Dnj (02/04/20 08:09 AM)