If you are going to try Linux (Its free) use either a dual boot system or run it in a virtual machine (Virtual Box is fairly easy to use) and try it out first.
As you are into music etc. I suggest you use Dual Boot and load in the Ubuntu Studio version as this comes with all the multimedia programs you will need, thus making it easier to try out all the different programs. (If you like what it does you can try other distros out later to find out which best suits)
Open Office is still available and continuing to be developed, however the team that split from Open Office to create Libre office appear to have the upper hand these days.
NOTE: Some work will be required to get it how you want with plenty of videos on YouTube, however don't expect any big names in the music industry (Steinberg, Native Instruments etc.) to work with Linux no matter how you try to get them to.
If you are familiar with Microsoft Office of 10-15 years ago, that is the the level that Librie office is currently at, it also does not support any of the Outlook or Access files.
I recommend anybody try Linux at some point as it is a cracking OS. (It just takes time to find the best distro for your own use)
Word of warning, if you have everything connected (You have smart lights, many tablets, smart TVs etc) then forget Linux as it is a privacy based OS which makes it difficult to operate the way android, Windows & Apple users are accustomed too.
If you have done a system restore that was before the Windows updates, they will have been removed.
Have fun

Bill