Hi Larry,
there's obviously some confusion as what sequencer to composer function does.
It really has nothing to do with your normal sequences ie when you record a song using your auto accompaniment.

What you have to keep in mind is that the sequencer in our kn7's can also be used for multi track recording ie you can record onto 16 individual tracks ( from scratch)ie record your own bassline , your own drum tracks, your own guitar strums, your own string lines , in short you can record a whole composition WITHOUT using any of the inbuilt styles.
Also you can load General Midi files into our kn's ( songs)created from other sources ie other keyboards ( like the psr's, roland, korg etc or from midifiles created in p.c. sequencers)
These midifiles usually use between 1 to 16 of the sequencer tracks ( the same as my example above on multi track recording)

Where the seq to composer function comes in, is that you can pick ( example only) 4 bars within that mulitrack sequence and create a composer part ( variation) out of those 4 bars. Or just say the midifile had a great intro & ending, you could pick the intro bars & actually create an Intro composer part for a new style.
Example Only.
Just say you wanted to play the song "Memory" ( from Cats) and you'd come across a midifile version of the song. You've created a style( the 4 variations) using "easy composer" that works for the song, but still haven't got an intro/Ending .
Solution is to load the midifile ( Memory)into the kn sequencer. Use the seq to composer function and create an Intro/Ending from that midifile.
Admitedly that's a simplistic explanation, but it can be done.
Doing the 4 composer variations from midifile ( songs) is a bit more difficult, because midifile songs usually have chord changes in them, therefore creating some problems.(Chord changes aren't a problem in Intro's & Endings only in parts you want to use for the 4 variations)

By the way, I'm still hoping to maybe get some sort of a workshop on styles going ( for those who may be interested) I'm no expert on the subject , but, hopefully between us,( me with a tiny bit of technical know how & you guys with musical skills) maybe we can get ourselves some new styles to share.

The last of the wedding guests will be leaving early next week, so then I'll have some of my free time back and I can get back to my keyboard.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lahawk:
[B]Anthony & Gang,
On the Sequencer to Composer Memory..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022