Can we call this thread, "The Don and Chas Show?"

Let's don't talk about getting old. I get a quick reminder everytime I walk more than three feet... or turn the wrong way too fast. But I do have an Arranger Keyboard... and I enjoy that darn thing entirely too much.

Don, I really enjoyed reading your NH and Ernest's story. In the back of my mind, if you could no longer perform (no matter the venue)... I would bet you'd miss it after just a day or two. Yeah, all that toting would take me out of the game before the "waltz" even began. Having the talent to have such a strong base of dedicated "fans" is a gift... and you are gifted, my friend.

Chas: You brought back memories with that "clip" of Etta Jones and that marvelous "backing band"... I cannot begin to thank you enough. So many things about that 6 minute video could not be economically done in today's music biz environment... it leaves me amazed at how much talent existed "back in the day." She had a voice that probably won't be duplicated... and you are so right... her looks had nothing to do with what her audiences were looking for. Sadly, she seemed to live in the shadow of Ella Fitzgerald for most of her career... and that is a shadow I believe would be "bearable" because the bar was set so high.

What a great way to start my day... or, even better, end an evening. Really marvelous stuff.

Thanks to both of you, ----Dave