I believe that your impression of SX900 is honest, but I’d say that it’s sort of “express review”.

Also, since you already had PSR-S970 and didn’t like it much, I wouldn’t expect SX900 to be very different; although you had some luck with PSR-S670 but not for long.

In general, I believe that SX900 is a package of tons of Yamaha’s achievements over the years. It surely had taken them a huge amount of time to develop that number of sophisticated sounds and styles, so I doubt that it can be covered within a short period of time.

It requires to have a certain mood to evaluate a certain aspect. And everyone of us, I think, has periods when (s)he’s that tired of music altogether, that every sound will just irritate.

And when it comes to styles, it’s even easier to get irritated, as usually they are very dynamic and busy. It’s a certain state of spirit when it’s possible to enjoy it to the fullest.

You liked E-A7 a lot, I’m not sure that you should let it go even if you decide to get something else, but it’s surely your business.

As for SX900, as I stated, I consider your comments as impressions of it, but I just can’t see SX900 as something simple enough in order to be evaluated within one day.

Strictly speaking, I would give it at least a month, but even that might not be enough. Why that long? Because one day you may feel like playing bossanova styles, and the next day you don’t feel like that. One day you want to play piano stuff, and the next day you are into guitars. One day you may try to play something like a soundtrack, another day you want to play dance music. And how many hours a day it is possible to have a fresh mind (ears)? I guess, 2-3 max. And how many days there will be when you will have to take care of other business? Plenty.

To add that there are ways to adjust tons of things, but you have to know how, not to mention expansion packs.

So with this list of things-to-do, with need to do other stuff as well (different activities will help to keep perception correct), with the fact that it usually takes few hours of playing each day for fingers to get in shape… I conclude that an accurate review will take months.

But impressions are surely more emotional, and for that they are priceless.

Still, I wouldn’t simplify it that much. SX900 is a collection of different things; to browse through them doesn’t mean to get familiar with them.