Hello Friends.

2 weeks ago at work a lightning bolt stuck a power pole 25 feet away from me. The bolt went down the pole and went under my work truck where I was standing. The percussion knocked me into my truck. The hair on my head and arms felt all tingly and my heart was racing but I seemed to be fine.............

Fast forward to today.......I have been extremely tired and completely out of breath for the past week. I went to a doctor today and an EKG showed A-fib. He gave me Warfarin and am scheduled for more tests and things later this week. Can't be certain that lightning was the cause. I've probably been a heart attack waiting to happen for a while. And damn it!!! It's 2 weeks until my 60th birthday. I have been so looking forward to it too.

I know there are some real troopers here that have gone thru this. I've never experienced anything like this before. That feeling that one cannot breath is haunting. I am scared and feel so weak right now. I am however very grateful to catch this early. Getting me to see a doctor is a challenge in itself!!

Please wish me well. -charley