Originally Posted By Tom NL

You don’t have to provide me with any video of course, but since I thoroughly enjoyed these demos, I looked forward to seeing one of yours if it is even better.

Regards,

Tom

Tom, 'better' is highly subjective. I'm sure Martin Harris is a MUCH better musician than I and an experienced demonstrator as well. First of all, if you enjoy this type of music, it's unlikely you'd like anything I did. Taste in music is a very personal thing, usually heavily influenced by one's cultural environment (familiarity). I have posted tons of music here but hardly any (if any at all) have been 'style' based and most were done on organ, synths, and other non-arranger keyboards. I DO own (and am interested in) arranger keyboards, just not as performance instruments. Some here are able to use them very effectively in a pro environment; I have just chosen to use organ as my primary or base instrument. I also prefer to play with other musicians. For me, arrangers are both fun and useful for song creation, instant style experimentation, and communicating arrangement concepts to other musicians (in preparation for a group performance). To gig or not to gig with one should be a personal decision that does not require defending. "Different strokes for different folks".

Do I like arranger performances? Generally no, but there are exceptions. When a blind guitarist can't distinguish Don's simulated guitar from a real guitar, then YES, I like it. When Marco Parisi plays a blistering solo that provides all the 'groove' (feel, syncopation) that might be missing from the more robotic arranger backing he is using, then YES, I like it. When someone takes the time to learn all the potential musical features buried in the average MOTL/TOTL arranger, and then use them in a performance, then YES, I like it. Sorry, I just didn't hear that in the demos being discussed here. Be well.

chas