Originally Posted By cgiles
Don, I watched a whole string of those demos. Thank God yours don't sound like that. I wanted to reach inside my computer monitor and strangle that demo guy. That series of demos was the most convincing reason to ban Arrangers from existence. Luckily, I know that they don't HAVE to sound like that (repetitive, unimaginative, nauseating actually) but sadly, that's what the average arranger player sounds like. It just proves Paul's saying more and more ("It's not the keyboard...") because your's (or Rico's, or the guy from India?, and a few others) certainly don't sound like that. Which....is one of my problems with Arrangers; it ALLOWS you to sound like that (adequate but boring) if you don't put the work in. That's why, except for the excitement of getting something new and different....aka boredom, there is little reason to buy the latest, greatest. Some of the guys here have put out material that sounded infinitely better (to me) on much older arranger keyboards - the sounds themselves weren't better, the PERFORMANCE was. I'm sure this is a nice board but......so what. JMO.

chas

You are offcourse entitled to your own opinion, but I have never seen Martin Harris being accused of that, nor do I agree with you.

If you can do better that this however, I very much look forward to seeing a video.

Yes, these are slick demos, but they have to be. I wish Korg did product demos of this high quality and consistancy with their product introductions.

Tom

Edited by Tom NL (08/01/19 08:57 AM)