Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By girljam

Thanks Gary, I was aware I have that capability now, just need to find some time to play around with that and do a few test recordings.
Was just curious what software anyone was using these days . . .
Right now, the only things that I have recorded are some simple backing tracks for my church . . . No vocals.

Jill, looking at your equipment list and considering the strength of your vocals, I would suggest that, for the purpose of recording, you consider investing in a large condenser mic. It doesn't have to be super expensive, something in the $200.00 range from one of the major mic manufacturers. You should try them in a store, if possible, as different mics repond differently to different voices. Although a '57 is fine for 'live' work and will work for recording, most dynamics can't compete with a large condenser for vocal recording. Just a thought. I really like your approach to vocals, especially the 'standards'. As to software, I use REAPER. You can try it out free without limitations and it's very powerful. Of course you will need an audio interface but a decent one can be had sub $200.

chas

Thanks Chas!
A new mic is definitely in the budget for me . . . As well a few other things . . . I appreciate your info, as I am slowly getting back in the groove, as it were . . . keys

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.