Good thoughts John - even at that unbelievable hour

One other trick I use to overcome the possibility of a 'rogue' sequence being still active : When I save a set-up which does not use the sequencer ie just Panel Memories, Sound Memories, Composer etc. I save a BLANK sequencer as well and this will automatically clear any previous sequencer data, when loaded. Just make absolutely sure that the sequencer is clear or that the sequencer has been initialised, before saving the set-up to SD or Floppy Disk.
I use this method when gigging on KN7000, when I have a list of song set-ups on SD Card, for a particular performance, which includes some with sequenced accompaniment and others with just a basic set-up. Having played a song, which includes a sequence, if the next song in the list does not use a sequence, then during the loading process, the Blank sequence automatically clears the sequencer and turns it off .
This of course works even with random choices of songs within the list, provided a blank sequence is included with each non-sequenced song.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)