Thanks Larry, glad you enjoyed it. As for the health problems, mine will only worsen, while Carol's seem to be improving with ever passing day. Her pain has subsided significantly and she rarely takes the pain medication.

My lung problem has worsened considerably, and I will go for more pulmonary function tests on Friday. Additionally, one of the medications that I was taking cost $950 a month and is not covered by the VA. The pulmonary doctor kept me supplied with free samples for about 7 months, but he ran out of the samples and no more are available. Consequently, that medication is no longer an option, though I don't believe it was doing me much good.

Now, my herniated discs in my lower back and neck are causing horrendous pain, more than anyone can imagine, and the hydromorphone is no longer effective, even when I wash it down with a glass of honey bourbon. It takes the edge off, but the pain is always there and has now effected my ability to walk safely. I had to resort to using a cane.

Finally, the eye doc tells me that I have Dry, Age-related, Macular Degeneration, and I will eventually go blind. He wanted to see me again in six months, and I told him that I will not be returning unless someone develops a cure for Dry AMD, which isn't likely. No reason to see a doctor that can't do anything for you.

Larry, I am so very happy that you managed to get through the surgery OK, and glad to see you posting again. I know the financial burden must be horrendous, but unfortunately, it's something that many of us old codgers have experienced in the not too distant past. I have confidence you will make it through this and continue to play music for many years to come.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)